Mushrooms, lemony whipped ricotta, and crisp arugula make for a showstopping appetizer or entrée!
2 store-bought naan or flatbread
1 cup ricotta
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
1 (8-ounce) package of Green Giant™ Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
½ teaspoon salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon Green Giant™ Fresh thyme leaves, or ¼ tsp dried
2 cups arugula, for serving
2 tablespoons flaked parmesan, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place flatbreads on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and bake until golden brown and slightly crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Place ricotta in a bowl with lemon juice, zest, olive oil, and salt, and use an electric mixture to beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. (Alternatively, pulse the ricotta mixture in a food processor or high-speed blender.)
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes until softened.
4. Arrange mushrooms in one layer and cook without stirring for 4-5 minutes, until caramelized on the bottom.
5. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme and cook for another 3-4 minutes until done, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning as needed.
6. Divide whipped ricotta between the two warm flatbreads and spread almost to the edges. Arrange mushrooms on top of ricotta and then sprinkle with arugula and flaked parmesan. Slice and serve immediately.