1 whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
6 medium Green Giant™ Fresh Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 medium stalks Green Giant™ Fresh Celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 large russet or Idaho Green Giant™ Fresh baking potatoes (about 8 oz each), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
3 medium Green Giant™ Fresh Onons, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon chopped Green Giant™ Fresh Thyme leaves
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Fold wings of chicken across back so tips are touching. Tie or skewer legs to the tail.
2. On rack in shallow roasting pan, place chicken, breast side up. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh muscle and does not touch bone. Roast uncovered 45 minutes.
3. Arrange carrots, celery, potatoes and onions around chicken. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in thyme; drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
4. Cover chicken and vegetables with foil; roast 45 to 60 minutes longer or until thermometer reads at least 165°F and legs move easily when listed or twisted.
5. Remove vegetables to serving dish; cover to keep warm. Let chicken stand 15 minutes before carving.
Prep Time: 25 Min
Start to Finish: 2 Hr 25 Min
1 Serving: Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g; Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 180mg; Potassium 1060mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 5g); Protein 30g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 210%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%; Vitamin D 4%